Trustees approve faculty promotions and tenure
Elon University trustees have granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members. The action came at the board's spring meeting, which was held on campus Feb. 27-28.
The Elon University Board of Trustees met Friday, February 27, and took the following actions regarding promotion and tenure:
- Granted tenure to Dr. Amy Allocco, Dr. Joan Barnatt, Dr. Olivia Choplin, Dr. Sarah Glasco, Dr. Kimberly Pyne, Dr. Alan Scott, Mr. Michael Smith, and Dr. Amanda Sturgill.
- Promoted Dr. Amy Allocco, Mr. Enrique Armijo, J.D., Dr. Joan Barnatt, Dr. Scott Buechler, Dr. Olivia Choplin, Dr. Sarah Glasco, Dr. Sirena Hargrove-Leak, Dr. Ryan Kirk, Dr. Kimberly Pyne, Dr. Alan Scott, Mr. Michael Smith, and Dr. Tonya Train, to associate professor.
- Promoted Dr. Crista Arangala, Dr. Mathew Gendle, Dr. Charles Irons, Dr. Janet MacFall, Dr. Paula Rosinski, Dr. Megan Squire, and Mr. Kirby Wahl, to professor.
- Promoted Ms. Paula Patch to senior lecturer.
- Promoted Ms. Lynne Bisko and Ms. Dianne Ford to associate librarian.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in a lecture track appointment was approved for Mr. Stephen Moore and Mr. Clay Stevenson.
- Continuance in a continuing track appointment was approved for Mr. Paul Castro, Dr. Amy Johnson, and Dr. Svetlana Nepocatych.
- Continuance in a continuing appointment as assistant librarian was approved for Ms. Shaunta Alvarez, Mr. Randall Bowman, Ms. Betty Garrison, Ms. Teresa LePors, Mr. Patrick Rudd, Ms. Vicki Siler, and Ms. Shannon Tennant.