Office of Sustainability now hiring student interns
Applications for spring 2015, summer 2015 & academic year 2015-2016 internships and Eco-Rep positions are open until April 1.
The Office of Sustainability is accepting applications for a variety of student positions throughout the year. Positions are appropriate for students from a variety of backgrounds, including communications, accounting, environmental studies, education and more.
Brief descriptions of the available positions are below. Detailed position descriptions and application instructions are available on the Elon Job Network and Office of Sustainability web site. Applications are due by 5pm on Wednesday, April 1.
The following positions are available:
- Don’t Trash It! Coordinator: Recruits and coordinates volunteers to assist with collection and pick up of donation items during Don’t Trash It! in May.
- Sustainability Metrics Intern: This intern will assist with projects related to Elon’s climate neutrality goal, specifically Elon’s next GHG inventory, and Elon's STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System) report.
- Sustainability Projects Intern – Educational Communications: The primary project for this intern is to update Sustainability Tour materials.
- Sustainability Projects Intern – Carbon Conversions: The Projects Intern for Carbon Conversions will research and develop metrics for calculating the impact (environmental, monetary, etc.) of personal behaviors.
2015-2016 Academic Year
- Communications Intern: Develops a variety of graphic, written and social media communications to increase awareness of sustainability initiatives and to foster sustainable behavior.
- Sustainability Intern, Student Coordinator for Eco-Reps Program: Helps manage the Eco-Reps Program, a peer education program dedicated to promoting sustainability and environmentally responsible behaviors.
- Sustainability Project Database Intern: Recruits, enters, reviews and organizes submissions to the Student Sustainability Project Database.
- Behavior Change Intern: Uses Community Based Social Marketing principles and sustainability survey and pledge data to develop, implement, track and report on campaigns directed toward personal sustainability behaviors.
- Eco-Rep: Educates peers about sustainability issues by promoting sustainability related programs, coordinating with Residence/Greek Life staff to incorporate sustainability into programs and delivering Sustainable Living lessons to Elon 101 and Global Studies courses as requested.
- Energy Metrics Assistant: Help read and record data from electric meters during Phoenix Cup.