Trustees approve faculty promotions and tenure
Elon University trustees have granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members. The action came at the board's spring meeting, which was held on campus Feb. 26-27, 2016.
The Elon University Board of Trustees met Feb. 26 and took the following actions regarding promotion and tenure. The Board:
- Granted tenure to Dr. Haya Ajjan, Mr. Enrique Armijo, Dr. Chad Awtrey, Dr. Jeff Carpenter, Dr. Derek Lackaff, Dr. Buffie Longmire-Avital, Dr. Vickie Moore, Dr. Samuele Pardini, Dr. Scott Proudfit, Dr. Katy Rouse, Dr. Jen Uno, and Dr. Qian Xu.
- Pomoted Dr. Haya Ajjan, Dr. Chad Awtrey, Dr. Jeff Carpenter, Dr. Derek Lackaff, Dr. Buffie Longmire-Avital, Dr. Vickie Moore, Dr. Samuele Pardini, Dr. Katy Rouse, Dr. Jen Uno, and Dr. Qian Xu, to associate professor.
- Promoted Dr. Bill Andrews, Dr. Kenn Gaither, Dr. Lynn Huber, Dr. Joel Karty, Ms. Lauren Kearns, and Dr. Kathy Matera, to professor.
- Promoted Ms. Shannon Tennant to associate librarian.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in their lecture track appointment was approved for Dr. Excel Li, Mr. Ricardo Mendoza, and Ms. Marna Winter.
- Continuance was also approved for Dr. Cindy Bennett, Mr. Karl Green, Dr. Melissa Murfin, Dr. Patti Ragan, Ms. Tracey Tonsor, and Mr. Brian Walsh, in their continuing track appointments.