BCBSNC changes mail order prescription program
Effective Sept. 30, 2017, faculty and staff covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina will fill mail prescriptions via Walgreens Mail Service.
BlueCross Blue Shield of North Carolina has mailed two notifications notifiying a change effective Sept. 30 that PrimeMail recently combined with Walgreens Mail Service. PrimeMail prescritions will be filled by Walgreens Mail Service starting Sept. 30, 2017.
Almost everything will else stays the same, including the following:
- Your mail service phone number will remain the same
- The Customer Service hours of operation are still still 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- You will continue to receive refill reminders
What you need to know:
- You’ll see the new name on your pill bottles, invoice and pharmacy benefit communications.
- When it’s time to refill your prescription(s), it will be filled by Walgreens Mail Service.
- To see prescription information or request a refill (if your prescription allows them), visit Walgreens.com/PrimeMail or call the number on your prescription label.
- To protect your financial data, Prime did not move your credit card information. You will need to provide a credit card when filling your first prescription.
- Validate your email address is on file.
- Validate your over-the-counter medications, allergies and health conditions when you go online or speak to a call center agent when ordering your prescription(s).
- If you don’t have refills, or if your prescription expired, ask your doctor to send a new prescription electronically to Walgreens Mail Service in Tempe, AZ or fax to 1-800-332-9581.
- The Auto Refill program is now available! Sign up online or tell the call center agent which medications you want in this program.
Questions? Please call the Office of Human Resources ext. 5560, download this Q&A or visit Walgreens.com/PrimeMail.
If you currently fill a specialty medication, please contact the Specialty Pharmacy with any questions regarding your medicines. 1-877-627-6337 Monday-Friday 8a.m. - 8p.m. ET.