Trustees approve faculty promotions and tenure
Elon University trustees met on Feb. 23 and granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members.
The Elon University Board of Trustees has taken the following actions regarding promotion and tenure. The Board:
- Granted tenure to Steven Bednar, David Buck, Amanda Chunco, Brandon Essary, Natalie Hart, Jason Husser, Brian Lyons, Cara McFadden, Jennifer Metcalf, Cherrel Miller Dyce, Elena Schoonmaker-Gates and Srikant Vallabhajosula.
- Promoted Steven Bednar, David Buck, Amanda Chunco, Brandon Essary, Natalie Hart, Jason Husser, Cara McFadden, Jennifer Metcalf, Cherrel Miller Dyce, Melissa Murfin, Scott Proudfit, Elena Schoonmaker-Gates, Nicole Triche and Srikant Vallabhajosula, to associate professor.
- Promoted Meredith Allison, Anthony Crider, David Gammon, Barbara Miller Gaither, Jessie Moore and Amy Overman, to professor.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in lecture track appointment was approved for Patrick Bell Sr., Patricia Burns, Binnan Gao and Virginia Novine-Whittaker.
- Continuance in a continuing track appointment was approved for Ahmed Al Fadaam, Eric Bauer, Mark Cryan, Danny Lanier, Jr. and Karen "Alexis" Moore.
- Continuance in a continuing appointment as assistant librarian was also approved for Jerry Waller II.