Elon recognized in Playbill’s ‘Broadway Top 10’
The monthly magazine for theatregoers listed Elon as one of the top 10 most represented colleges on Broadway during the 2018–19 season.
For the third consecutive year, Playbill included Elon University among the top 10 most represented colleges and university on Broadway during the 2018–19 season. The recognition is part of Playbill’s Back to School week, and pulls from actor bios within Playbill Magazine and “Schools of the Stars” feature at the beginning of the season.
Alumni who are currently on Broadway include:
- April Holloway ’07 (Aladdin)
- Kennedy Caughell ’12 (Beautiful)
- JJ Niemann ’17 (The Book of Mormon)
- Matt Meigs ’12 (Carousel)
- Taylor Trensch ’11 (Dear Evan Hansen)
- Rob Marnell ’06 (Gettin’ the Band Back Together)
- Tanner Ray Wilson ’13 (Head Over Heels)
- Barrett Wilbert Weed ’11 (Mean Girls)
- Todd A. Horman ’94 (My Fair Lady)
- Drew Redington ’18 (The Prom)
- Mackenzie Bell ’09 (Summer: The Donna Summer Musical)
- Lindsay K. Northen ’03 (Wicked)
The venerable performing arts publications included Elon alongside institutions like New York University, University of Michigan, Carnegie Mellon University, Boston Conservatory, Yale University and the UNC School of the Arts.
Elon’s Department of Performing Arts, which has earned a strong national reputation for conservatory-style training, is often recognized for the quality of its programs. Earlier this summer, Backstage, an industry publication focused on casting calls and career advice for performers, named Elon one of its “25 Amazing Acting Colleges You Should Know.”