El Centro Spanish classes for heritage speakers
Interest meeting on Feb. 13 at 5 p.m. in El Centro. Carlton 114
This Spring semester 2019, El Centro After 5 will be offering Spanish classes for heritage speakers who would like to improve their language skills. This course is designed specifically for native or heritage speakers of Spanish with some oral proficiency but little or no formal training in the language. Generally, these are learners who were raised in homes where Spanish was spoken.
So, why taking Spanish for Heritage Speakers is incredibly beneficial?
- Polish both oral and written language skills.
- Learn more about your language and your cultural heritage.
- Meet students with similar interests and experiences.
- Gain awareness and understanding of the Latinx/Hispanic cultures, identities and communities in the U.S., language variation, geography, history, customs and traditions, current events, music, arts and food.
- Increase career and internship opportunities.
For more info, contact Diana firstname.lastname@example.org