Communications students place in several BEA Festival of Media Arts awards categories
Students from Elon University's School of Communications placed in this year's Broadcast Education Association's Festival of Media Arts in several awards categories. They will be recognized at the organization's annual conference April 9-13 in Las Vegas.
See below for details:
Student Interactive Multimedia Competition
- Seniors Kirsten Bennett and Drew Smith and junior Sam Baranowski placed first in the Authorship Projects Category for the work they did for the Imagining the Internet Center at the 2010 Internet Governance Forum in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- A group of Interactive Media graduate school alumni placed second in the Group Authorship Projects Category for work they did for OI Panama as part of their 2010 Winter Term Fly-In.
Student Video Competition
- Senior Christopher Bunn placed first in the Promotional Category (PSA, commercial, persuasive) for his video, "2010 Elon Phoenix Football Promotional Video."
- Senior Catherine Creeden placed first in the Instructional/Educational Category for her video, "Physical Plant 101: Dorm Bed Construction."
- Senior Tyler West placed third in the Instructional/Educational Category for his video, "Go-4-College."
- Junior Olivia Dubendorf and senior Daniel Koehler received an honorable mention in the Narrative Video Category for their video, "It's a Villainous Life."
Student News Competition
- Junior David Hodges placed second in the Radio Hard News Reporting Category for his package, "Fighting Dropouts"
Student Sports Competition
- Senior Scott Waterman received an honorable mention in the Television Sports Anchor Category.
Student Documentary Competition
- Junior Olivia Dubendorf received an honorable mention in the Short Form Category for her documentary, "Imperfection."