Elon Alumni Association honors outstanding young alumni
The Young Alumni Council joined faculty, staff and ten remarkable Elon graduates of the past decade at the inaugural Top 10 Under 10 banquet April 2 in McKinnon Hall.
"We are founders tonight, one and all," said Jim Piatt, vice president for university advancement, to the audience of more than 100 Elon faculty, staff and alumni, as well as friends and family of the recipients. "We are founding a new narrative about Elon's young alumni."
The following young alumni received Top 10 Under 10 Awards in recognition of their professional success, good work in their communities and loyal support for Elon:
- Ian Thomas Baltutis '08, Burlington, N.C.
- Alexander Webb Bond '08, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Bruce Barclay Cameron IV '05, Wilmington, N.C.
- April Lynn Durr '01, Greensboro, N.C.
- Kali Jane Geskus '07, Gibsonville, N.C.
- Darris Roshawn Means '05, Elon, N.C.
- George Kerr Memory '06, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Gabrielle Lauren Raymond '06, New York, N.Y.
- MacKenzie Marie Stroh '07, Greenville, Miss.
- Raymond Josef "R.J." Yozwiak '08, Chicago, Ill.
"As a young alumna myself, and having a chance to see these nominations, I'm impressed with what you've all accomplished," said Kiley Moorefield '07, coordinator of young alumni programs, in the evening's closing remarks.
Please click here to get to know our 2011 Top 10 Under 10 Award recipients.