Ph.D. (2001). Marketing. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Dissertation: Mental Accounting and Subsequent Purchases: Consumer Responses to Price Surprises.
M.B.A. (1990). Old Dominion University.
B.A. (1984). English. Old Dominion University.
Elon University, Elon, NC (2002 - present); Associate Professor of Marketing (2008 - present); Kernodle Faculty Development Fellow for Service-Learning (2012 - present); Founding Chair, Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship (2008 - 2012); Assistant Professor of Marketing (2002 - 2008), Executive Education Faculty (2004 - 2006).
Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, Durham, NC (2001), Visiting Assistant Professor.
The Catering Company, Chapel Hill, NC (1995 - 1999), Sales and Event Manager, .
Project Management Consultant (1995).
Data Analysis Consultant (1994).
Beverly Enterprises, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA (1987 - 1988), Senior Technical Writer, Training Department.
Pentamation Enterprises, Inc., Norfolk, VA (1984 - 1987); Senior Writer (1987); Writer, Product Information Department (1984 - 1986).
Undergraduate Marketing Courses
- MKT414: Marketing Research
- MKT415: Consumer Behavior
- MKT311: Principles of Marketing
- MKT311OL: Online Principles of Marketing
- BUS304: Introduction to Marketing
- MBA595: Topics in Marketing: Consumer Behavior
- MBA580: Advanced Analytical Applications
- MBA565 IS: International Business (included 10 days of study abroad)
- MBA525: Independent Study
Undergraduate Entrepreneurship and Elon Enterprise Academy (EEA) Courses
- ENT372IS: Global Entrepreneurship Ventures (included 12 days of study abroad)
- BUS376: Elon Enterprise Academy I
- BUS377: Elon Enterprise Academy II
- BUS378: Elon Enterprise Academy III
- BUS476: Elon Enterprise Academy IV
- BUS477: Elon Enterprise Academy V
Undergraduate Honors Theses
- HNR98: Kathryn Olinger: Brand Personality and Preference: A Study of Branding in the Collegiate Environment
- HNR98: Anna Leer: Contacto Latino: Marketing to Hispanics in North Carolina
- HNR98: Danica Shipley: The Impact of Emerging Mediums for Customer Service Delivery in Online Purchasing: A Study of Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty among College Students