Attend the Global Short-Term Programs Fair
Join us at the Global Short-Term Programs Fair at College Coffee on Feb. 28, where you can enter to win a FREE FLIGHT!
The Global Education Center (GEC) announces all Winter Term 2018 Study Abroad and Study USA programs and fall 2017 travel-embedded courses on Feb. 28 at the Global Short-Term Programs Fair, hosted at College Coffee in McKinnon Hall.
All who attend the Fair are eligible to enter to win a FREE FLIGHT by completing a survey on site.
Attendees can chat with program leaders, returned students, Global Ambassadors, and GEC staff about which program best suits their graduation plan as well as their academic, cultural, and professional goals.
This year, the GEC will run a preview period of all available programs from Feb. 28 to March 5. All programs begin accepting applications on March 6, with a priority deadline of March 16. Students should apply during this window for the best chance at securing a spot on a program and to learn about scholarship support by June.
Note the following dates and deadlines:
- College Coffee, Feb. 28: All programs announced at the Global Short-Term Programs Fair.
- 10 a.m., March 6: Priority period begins for all programs.
- 11:59 PM on March 16: Priority period deadline. All applications received during priority period are reviewed for eligibility and merit rather than time of submission.
- March 28: Status notification. The GEC will send notifications via email for all applications received by priority period deadline.
- March 28: Change period begins. Students that submitted applications during the priority period can switch into available programs by submitting a Change Form (available March 28).
- March 30: Rolling period begins. New applications will be accepted and reviewed on a space-available basis.
- mid-June: Priority scholarship notification. Students that apply by the priority deadline will be notified of scholarship support.
- Aug. 31: Final application deadline for Study Abroad programs. **Students accepted to Study Abroad programs that cancel after this date will not have the deposit refunded.
- Sept. 14: Final application deadline for Study USA programs. **Students accepted to Study USA programs that cancel after this date will not have the deposit refunded.
- mid-October: Rolling scholarship notification. Students that apply by the rolling deadline will be notified of scholarship support.
Questions? Drop into the GEC in Global Commons 360 for Quick Questions on Wednesdays, 2-4 p.m. and Thursdays, 9-11 a.m. -- no appointment necessary.