Elon Faculty showcase projects at Maker Takeover
Check out Elon faculty projects at the Maker Takeover in Moseley on April 26 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
On April 26, Elon faculty will be doing hands on demos of their projects at the Maker Takeover. The event will take place in Moseley Student Center and also feature student Elon Kickbox projects. For more information about the student projects, read Maker Takeover coming to Moseley Center. Stop by anytime between 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. to check out the projects and talk to faculty members about their making process.
- Eric Bauer’s 3D scanner that can convert a physical object into a 3D file
- Jen Hamel’s instrument used in her field research to measure vibrations of insects in Panama
- Rissa Trachman’s 3D printed versions of ancient artifacts
- Alfred Simkin’s solar-powered electric bike
- Terry Tomasek’s sewing projects and quick sewing lessons
- Jeremy Hohertz's physics assignment where students created a music instrument and measure the sound qualities.
- Staff member Michael Vaughn’s demonstration of virtual reality experiences
These projects and many more will be available to try, learn and experience at the Maker Takeover.