EMT-Basic course to be offered by Alamance Community College on Elon's campus
Class for Spring 2018 begins Feb. 5. Students can register through Alamance Community College's Dillingham Center up until Feb 5.
Interested in becoming an Emergency Medical Technician? Alamance Community College will be offering an EMT-Basic certification course on Elon's campus this coming semester.
The course is a hybrid course with in-class meeting times and online assigments. The course meets in McMichael Science Building, Mondays from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. and one to two Saturdays per month from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Class for Spring 2018 begins Feb. 5. Students can register through Alamance Community College's Dillingham Center up until Feb 5.
This course is offered through ACC and does not carry Elon credits. Students who pass the course will have the opportunity to take the state exam to earn an N.C. EMT-B Certification.
**Please note: this class is offered during the spring and fall semesters. However, it is dependant on enrollment and must have eight students enrolled to proceed for the semester.**
- $16 for liability insurance
- $10.50 for pocket face mask and AHA HCP CPR Card
- $183.00 registration fee if not fee exempt
- The total of $209.50 is payable to Alamance Community College at the Dillingham Center, 1304 Plaza Drive located in the Burlington outlets. To register and pay tuition via phone please call/email Jan Vass at (336) 506-4316 or Jan.Vass@alamancecc.edu. Payment in full secures a seat in the course, as spots will fill up quickly. No registration or tuition will be accepted on the first day of class.
In order to take the EMT-Basic course, you must complete the following prerequisites:
1. Must be 18 years old.
2. High school graduation or have a GED, having an official transcript sent to ACC to the
attention of: Alamance Community College
P O Box 8000
Graham, NC 27253
**Official transcripts are void if opened.
3. Completion of a reading assessment test showing a minimum of a 10th-grade reading
comprehension level or CERTIFIED copy of your SAT or ACT scores will be accepted.
(Copies from the internet will not be accepted.) The TABE reading test will be given the
1st night of class
Students must have their official transcripts and certified test scores in order to continue in the EMT-Basic course.