In partnership with Cone Health - Alamance Regional Medical Center
announces the availability of a full-time faculty position in the entry–level DPT Program
Available June 1, 2018
School of Health Sciences
Department of Physical Therapy Education (DPTE) Come to Elon University in North Carolina and join our highly qualified, dynamic faculty of 14 full-time and 5 part-time colleagues. The Department of Physical Therapy Education (DPTE) at Elon University invites applications for a non-tenure track position as Assistant Director of Clinical Education. The position responsibilities include: primary concentration in clinical education and teaching in neurological physical therapy. Additional responsibilities include academic advising, student mentoring, scholarly activity, and school and university service. The successful candidate is expected to be highly organized, have effective interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to graduate education and professional growth.
The sucessful candidate will have:
- A terminal degree - post-professional doctorate or DPT
- NCS or other specialty certification and/or completion of residency or fellowship
- 2+ years of experience as a Clinical Instructor and/or Clinical Coordinator of Clinical Education
- Minimum of 5 years clinical practice
- Eligibility for Physical Therapy licensure in North Carolina
- Ability to travel for clinical site visits
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Experience as Assistant Director of Clinical Education or Director of Clinical Education
- Administrative experience (ie. technology skills, communication skills, organizational ability, time management, problem-solving skills)
- Teaching experience in neurological content areas
- Active leadership in a professional organization
The anticipated start date is June 1, 2018.
About the Department: In 2012, the Department of Physical Therapy Education (DPTE) [www.elon.edu/dpt] moved to the Gerald L. Francis Center where the School of Health Sciences is located. The DPTE occupies approximately 32,000 square feet with state-of-the-art equipment for teaching and research. Students benefit from the smaller class sizes (~ 46 students enrolled per year). The DPTE and the School of Health Sciences enjoy a strong collaborative partnership with Cone Health-Alamance Regional Medical Center.
Elon is a dynamic private, co-educational, comprehensive institution that is a national model for actively engaging faculty and students in teaching and learning. To learn more about Elon, please visit us at www.elon.edu. Elon is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience.
To Apply: Application deadline is March 1, 2018 with review of applicants beginning immediately thereafter. Application (letter of intent including statements of clinical education, teaching philosophy and research interests, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references) should be directed electronically to:
Wendy J Herbert, PT, PhD
Search Committee Chair, DPTE
Campus Box 2085
Elon University, Elon, NC 27244
CSM 2018– We will be glad to meet with potential applicants at the APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Please email the search committee chair if you are interested in meeting with a faculty member or department chair at CSM.