Elon Law announces 2019 Pro Bono Board
Board members ensure the availability of multiple pro bono and community service opportunities to Elon Law students, and services for community members with limited access to legal assistance.
The following students have been selected as members of the Elon University School of Law 2019 Pro Bono Board:
- Co-Directors: Haylea Carter L’19 and Lauren Zickert L’19
- Lawyer on the Line Coordinators: Debbie Mergner L’19 and Sarah Byrd L’20
- Public Relations Chair: Brooke Rao L’19
- Social Media Chair: Brooke LaMachio L’20
- Secretary: Rachel Pomeroy L’20
- Treasurer: Ty Crima L’20
- Event Coordinators: Tori Ford L’20 and Alisha Harris L’20
- Fundraising Chair: Ryan Allshouse L’20
- Community Service Coordinators: Je’vonne Knox L’19 and Travis Poulos L’20
- Student Outreach Coordinator: Kaila Baccas L’20
- Innocence Project Liaison: Victoria Corey L’20
Established in 2011, the Pro Bono Board raises awareness of pro bono and public interest work through service, education and fundraising. Board members work with students, organizations, faculty, administration, and the legal community to ensure the availability of multiple pro bono and community service opportunities to students, and legal services for community members with limited access to legal assistance.
Students serve through pro bono opportunities, such as the Tax Assistance Program, Wills for Heroes, and the Innocence Project. They also serve through the Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic, Wills Clinic, and the Guardian ad Litem Clinic, to name just a few.