United Way of Alamance County needs student worker
United Way of Alamance County is currently seeking a student worker for the 2006-2007 school year, and possibly beyond. The student worker would report directly to the Administrative Assistant and would assist with campaign and clerical tasks as assigned. Position also offers ability to assist with special events, if interested, as well as observe meetings and learn more about the Alamance County community and the non-profit sector as a whole. Duties typically average 10 hours per week, with busier periods between November and February.
Student Worker would assist with:
• Campaign data entry
• Event Setup
• Other tasks as assigned
• Eligible for Federal Work Study financial aid
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Willingness to learn
• Positive attitude
• Some basic business or accounting knowledge and/or office experience helpful
• Small, welcoming office setting
• Schedule flexibility
• 5-minute drive from campus
• Pay rate above on-campus employment
• Opportunity to observe and gain experience in non-profit environment
For more information, contact Ashley Owen at email@example.com or Ruth Pruitt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please visit http://www.uwalamance.org for more information about our organization!
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Ruth Pruitt at the e-mail address listed above, or to:
United Way of Alamance County
PO Box 1268
Burlington, NC 27216