Communications Internship/Award Opportunities
Read up on a couple of internship opportunities.
Eric Breindel Collegiate Journalism Award
The Eric Breindel Memorial Foundation is pleased to announce that applications for the “2009 Eric Breindel Collegiate Journalism Award,” the nationwide undergraduate competition whose winning prize is unmatched by any institution in the country, are now being accepted.
The winner will secure a cash prize of $10,000, as well as a paid internship of his or her choice at either Fox News Channel, The Wall Street Journal or the New York Post. In addition, residential housing in New York City will be provided for the winner for the duration of the internship position, if necessary. FOR AN APPLICATION OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT GERMAINE FEBLES AT (212) 843-8031 OR GO ONLINE TOWWW.ERICBREINDEL.ORG
Red Hat Internship
Red Hat is seeking a winter/spring semester intern for a marketing/communications position. Red Hat is the world's leading open source and Linux provider and is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C.
The Customer Reference Intern will work closely with the Customer Reference team with writing/editing press releases and case studies, managing the database with new updates and existing references, developing and editing collateral, creating reference customer lists pulled from the sales database, provide ideas for marketing campaigns to enroll new customers in the reference program, assistance with annual awards and updating and converting collateral material. Please send resumes with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be a student at an accredited university
- Previous internships/work experience would be a plus
- Must be a self motivated, task oriented individual
- Must have a strong interest in marketing/communications as a future career
- Ability to work as part of a fast-moving and dynamic team whilst demonstrating flexibility, autonomy
- A desire to be part of a company that is redefining the entire software industry