Tips for developing a workout routine
Here are some tips to help you get started on a workout routine.
- Make it a habit. Set up a routine and schedule exercise into your daily life. Include cardiovascular, strength training and stretching.
- Diversify your routine. Find ways to make it fun and challenging but allow time to rest and recover so that you do not incur injury.
- Exercise with a partner. This will help you stay on track.
- Exercise with your kids/pets. Go for a bike ride, walk the dog, play soccer in the back yard. It’s important to teach children healthy exercise habits.
- Sign up for a run/walk. It provides incentive to train for an extended period of time.
- Set goals and reward yourself when you reach your goals.
You can also take advantage of the special training package offered to employees by Campus Recreation and the Faculty Staff Wellness Center. For more information, contact the Wellness staff at ext. 5569. You can also visit the Campus Recreation website or the Faculty & Staff Wellness Center website.