Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany visits – Mar. 30
Kurt Waldthausen, Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany to the State of North Carolina, will visit Elon University March 30 to speak with students about the state of German-American business relationships.
Student Professional Development Center, Moseley Center
Reception to follow.
About Kurt Waldthausen
Waldthausen started his business career with the German export-import company Lohmann & Co. in Bremen, Germany, and served the company for 12 years. His last assignment with Lohmann & Co. included overall responsibility for 15 subsidiaries located on five continents with more than 750 Employees.
In 1982, Waldthausen moved to the United States and became president of Hettich America Corp., the world's largest furniture hardware manufacturer. In 1988, Waldthausen became President of HOLZ-HER U.S., INC., Charlotte, N.C., a company that assembles markets and sells industrial woodworking machines for distribution and sales in a territory that stretched from Canada to Chile . Under his leadership, HOLZ-HER U.S., INC. has been a North Carolina Export 20 Award winner in 1994, 1997, 1998, and also received the coveted “Fast 50 Award” in 1999 and 2000 when ranked eighteenth and thirtieth fastest growing privately owned company in a 15 county area exceeding 2 Million people.
In 2000, Waldthausen started the company Waldthausen, Inc., (later renamed Waldthausen & Associates, Inc.) to share his success with others, primarily German Entrepreneurs with subsidiaries in the eastern U.S.
Past/present professional activities include:
- Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany to the State of North Carolina
- Member, Board and Executive Board of Directors, Greater Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, German American Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta , Ga.
- Founder/President of the North Carolina Chapter of the German American Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta , Ga.
- Member, Board of Directors, Charlotte Regional Partnership (Economic Development Org.)
- Member, Board of Directors of several subsidiaries of German/European companies
- Member, Board of Directors, Charlotte World Affairs Council, Charlotte, N.C.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Echo Foundation, Charlotte, N.C.
- Member, Board and Executive Board, Mayors International Cabinet, Charlotte, N.C.
- Member, Board of Visitors, Charlotte Country Day School, Charlotte, N.C.
- Chairman, Charlotte Sister Cities (7 Sister Cities on 4 continents)
- President, International House, Charlotte, N.C.
- President and Chairman, German Saturday School, Charlotte, N.C.
- Member, Board of Advisors, Academy of International Business Studies, Pfeiffer University, N.C.
- Founding Member, German Church of Charlotte
- Member, Board of Junior Directors, Bremen Chamber of Commerce, Bremen/Germany
- Member, Rotary International & Paul Harris Fellow
For more information, contact David Neville at email@example.com.