HHP Department News
A roundup of the most recent news from the Department of Health and Human Performance.
- The Department of Health and Human Performance and the School of Education launched Student Health 101, an up-to-date online magazine covering topics such as healthy eating, exercising, relationships, sexual health and much more. This is Elon’s first social media-based approach to delivering health and wellness information specifically geared toward college students.
- Recent feedback from students indicate a strong interest in courses linked to health, wellness and health promotion. The Department of Health and Human Performance will deliver several new courses next year linked to these topics.
- Professor Liz Bailey and Professor Amanda Tapler mentored students in undergraduate research projects this year who will be presenting their findings at SURF later this month.
- Professor Lynda Butler-Storsved has been promoted to Senior Lecturer.
- Jaclyn Wood has been selected as the Physical Education Major of the year. She will be awarded during our annual School of Education Faculty/Student Awards Ceremony.