Interactive Media Graduate Students offer White Papers on Content Marketing Strategy
As part of a new elective course on SEO, analytics and social media, graduate students in the MA in Interactive Media program are making white papers on various content marketing strategies available to the public.
The public is invited to download and view white papers on topics related to content marketing best practices created by students in Elon University's master of arts in Interactive Media program. The papers were authored as a part of a new course covering social media, search engine optimization, web and mobile analytics.
A white paper is a practical guide to best practices for a specific topic. The free white papers from Elon cover topics including
- using very short videos to promote a brand,
- running contests on social media,
- identifying minority influencers,
- best practices for college athletes using social media,
- how to plan visual content for social media campaigns,
- how non-profits can effectively use social media to raise support
- how a small business can generate enough content to boost search engine rankings and
- how entrepreneurs can use content marketing
The course, taught by associate professor of communications, Amanda Sturgill, is a new addition to Elon's elective offerings in the graduate program. It focuses on best practices and strategies for using digital communication to get a person or company in the public eye.
"I'm really glad the iMedia program has the flexibility to rapidly offer electives that cover the most current trends in communication," Sturgill said. "The skills and strategies students learn in this class are some of the most in-demand."
Sturgill added that she is pleased that the white papers got more than 1,200 views in the first day they were posted.
You can view and download the papers at http://www.slideshare.net/elonimedia/
The interactive media program is an intense program that teaches skills, strategies and theory, focusing on hands-on projects and leading to a master of arts in 10 months.