2009 College Writing Showcase
The second annual College Writing Showcase featured student projects completed in support of the ENG 110 course objectives. In addition to displaying their College Writing projects, students' poster presentations reflect on the writing processes they undertook to complete their projects. Follow the links below to see students' digital posters. All sections of ENG 110 work towards helping students develop:
A more sophisticated writing process including invention, peer responding, revising, and editing that results in a clear, effective, well edited public piece.
- Glynis Ewing, Just Go With It
- Cristina Gutierrez, Celebrity Obsession: A Cultural Phenomenon
- Charlie Loeser, Trade (Gifts for Trading Land with White People)
- Jonathan Ordog, Op-Ed
- Kristin Pinder, Political Correctness: A Culture Obsessed with Appearances (Click Here to See Kristin's Paper)
- Savannah Swanner, Descriptive Logging
A more sophisticated understanding of the relationship of purpose, audience, and voice, and an awareness that writing expectations and conventions vary within the academy and in professional and public discourse.
- Amanda Bender, Strategic Communications
- Lauren Deaver, Daydream in Movement
- Kelly Giffear, Odd Object Essay
- Mary Kate Hinshaw, Love, but not Blind
- Jenny Rossbach, The Plunge
- Meghan Zapiec, Athletes or Eye Candy: Messages Sports Illustrated Magazine Sends to Men About Women
An appreciation for the capacity of writing to change oneself and the world.