2013 College Writing Showcase
The sixth annual College Writing Showcase, on Monday, April 22, 2013, featured student projects completed in support of the ENG 110 course objectives. In addition to displaying their College Writing projects, students' poster presentations reflect on the writing processes they undertook to complete their projects. Follow the links below (available after the Showcase) to see students' digital posters.
All sections of ENG 110 work towards helping students develop:
A more sophisticated writing process including invention, peer responding, revising, and editing that results in a clear, effective, well edited public piece.
- Alexis Fallon, “Zeta-Speak: An Ethnographic Study of Zeta Tau Alpha as a Discourse Community”
- Meagan Murtagh, “A New Home”
A more sophisticated understanding of the relationship of purpose, audience, and voice, and an awareness that writing expectations and conventions vary within the academy and in professional and public discourse.
- Alexa Chickene, “Comparative Natural Disaster Relief and Aid”
- Pat McLaughlin, “A Literary Analysis of ‘There Will Come Soft Rains’ by Ray Bradbury”
- Marisa Pareti, “Frat Stars”
An appreciation for the capacity of writing to change oneself and the world.
- Samantha Burch, “A Change in High School Curriculum: Establishing a Required Environmental Program”
- Sam McBride, “Her Smiling Face”