College Writing Faculty Development Workshop Schedule
The 2013-14 Faculty Development Workshops are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, September 11, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Information literacy, part 1: Tools for engaging students in the inquiry process
- Wednesday, October 9, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Hacking ENG 110: Flipped instruction techniques for writing classes
- Wednesday, November 13, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Information literacy, part 2: Approaches to teaching "the research paper"
- Wednesday, February 12, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Incorporating visual, audio, and video texts into ENG 110
- Wednesday, March 12, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Introducing the recommended learning outcomes for digital literacy in ENG 110
- Wednesday, April 9, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Showcase of ENG 110 faculty and student work
Workshops are open to all English Department faculty, and faculty teaching English 100 or English 110 during the academic year are strongly encouraged to attend to share teaching strategies, to exchange ideas for assignments and activities, and to learn about developments in the program's placement and assessment.