College Writing Faculty Development Workshop Schedule
The 2014-15 Faculty Development Workshops and events are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, September 10, 12:15-1:15: What the new Council of Writing Program Administrators Outcomes Statement for First-Year Writing means for ENG 110.
- Wednesday, October 8, 12:15-1:15: Rubrics and grading
- Wednesday, November 12, 12:15-1:15: Teaching with and from the WPA Outcomes Statement and the Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing
- Wednesday, February 11, 12:15-1:15: Assessment
- Wednesday, March 11, 12:15-1:15: Helping students publish their work in digital formats
- Wednesday, April 8, 12:15-1:15: Textbook review
- Week of May 25, 2015: 1/2-day College Writing Retreat
Locations and topics for the workshops will be provided in August 2014.
The 2013-14 Faculty Development Workshops were:
- Wednesday, September 1, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Information literacy, part 1: Tools for engaging students in the inquiry process
- Wednesday, October 9, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Hacking ENG 110: Flipped instruction techniques for writing classes
- Wednesday, November 13, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Information literacy, part 2: Approaches to teaching "the research paper"
- Wednesday, March 12, 12:15-1:15, Carlton 321: Using Google Apps in English 110
- Wednesday, April 9, 12:15-1:15, Lindner 206: Inquiry and ENG 110: Developing classroom-based research projects
Workshops are open to all English Department faculty, and faculty teaching English 100 or English 110 during the academic year are strongly encouraged to attend to share teaching strategies, to exchange ideas for assignments and activities, and to learn about developments in the program's placement and assessment.