• First degree program, the Master of Physical Therapy (MPT)
• Charter MPT class graduated in 2000
• Transition to Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) education; charter DPT class graduated 2005
• Approximately 30 percent of MPT graduates returned to obtain the transitional DPT degree
• Currently, planning for modest class size increase with many program enhancements planned for students
• Moved to refurbished Francis Center with 31,000 square feet of dedicated space for DPTE in January 2012
• Second degree program, the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) began in January 2013
• Eight full-time faculty
• DPAS earned accreditation-provisional in September 2012
• Seated a charter class of 36 physician assistant students in January 2013
• DPAS is located in the refurbished Francis Center with approximately 17,000 dedicated square feet of space.
Located in the Francis Center, the School provides an atmosphere for synergist relationships between the two departments including opportunities for interprofessional educational opportunities for students, faculty and staff. The programs share resources between departments. The human donor lab, computer lab, student lounge and locker facility provide common space for both programs. The strong foundation of the departments provides a firm cornerstone for future development of other health science programs in the School.
We welcome you to Elon and hope you enjoy exploring Elon’s School of Health Sciences website.