The Sustainability Faculty Scholars Program is seeking applicants for the 2012-2013 program.
The Sustainability Faculty Scholars Program will identify, support and recognize faculty who are interested in incorporating or enhancing a focus on sustainable principles and practices in their courses, and exploring a range of pedagogies to develop this theme. Eight faculty will be selected to participate in this year’s program. Faculty selected to participate will receive a summer $1,000 stipend, and sustainability themed courses can be capped at 25 students.
Faculty selected to be part of the seminar will learn together from:
• An orientation meeting with new and returning Scholars
• Workshops that will focus on sustainability, relevant pedagogies, and syllabus design
• A full day field trip to local sites of interest
• A summer book club discussion/lunch, to be held with present and past Scholars
• Access to a website with syllabi, teaching materials and other relevant resources
Application deadline: October 31, 2012. Download the application form.
If you have questions about the program or the application, please contact Michelle Kleckner.
This project is sponsored by the Center for Environmental Studies, the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning, and the Office of Sustainability. Funding has been provided by the office for Business, Finance and Technology.