Political Science / International Studies
Mount Pleasant, N.C.
Project title: Human Rights Norm Change: LGBT Rights in a Wider Europe
Mentor: Safia Swimelar
• Wrote and edited a 161 page thesis that was published by the Honors Program
• Presented at NCUR in Lexington, Kentucky
• Presented at SURF in Elon, North Carolina
• Hosted Mima Simic- Croatian LGBT activist- on campus for several talks/fiml screening
• Hosted Aliona Polujanova- Lithuanian LGBT activist- on campus for several talks
• Successfully defended thesis before board
Dr. Ann J. Cahill
Professor of Philosophy
Spence Pavilion 111
2340 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
Phone: (336) 278-5703
Elon Lumen Scholar Helen Meskhidze '16 and Associate Professor Anthony Crider each presented at a regional meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers at Wake Forest University from March 27-28.
Research by Elon University senior Kate Smith-Lin finds that citizens of Indonesia don’t necessarily save more money after a bank opens in rural areas, but they do change the way they save, making it easier to protect their families in times of crisis.
Elon University’s top prize for undergraduate research and creative achievement assisted senior Omolayo Ojo in her efforts to share why people from Senegal move to the United States, and what effect those moves have on families left behind.
Brianna Duff used the university's top award for undergraduate research and creative achievement to combine her love of physics and writing into a story driven by scientific principles.
Jamie Albright '13 and Professor Cynthia "Cindy" Fair researched barriers to communication between medical providers and adolescents born with HIV.
Three Elon faculty members and a university Lumen Scholar shared their work at the 2014 American Anthropological Association annual meeting in Washington, D.C.