• Applicants shall be in their second year at Elon [or, in the case of students with transfer credits, their second year of higher education, with at least one full semester completed at Elon].
• Applicants shall demonstrate a cumulative gpa of 3.50 or above at the time of the application deadline.
• Applicants shall have a nomination from an Elon faculty member or a staff member with faculty rank. Applicants may make a case for exceptions if their proposal warrants. In all cases, the nominator shall be on long-term contract with the institution.
• Applicants shall be in good standing at the university at the time of the application. That is, a history of repeated or egregious violations of either the academic or social honor codes may disqualify applicants.
• Applicants shall demonstrate a commitment to pursuing at least two additional academic years of study as Elon students [Note: Due to the nature of the timeline associated with their program, Engineering students are not eligible.]
Dr. Ann J. Cahill
Professor of Philosophy
Spence Pavilion 111
2340 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
Phone: (336) 278-5703
Wesley Rose is using the Lumen Prize, Elon University’s top award for undergraduate research and creative achievement, to explain how a famous 19th century composer used mortality and superstition to shape the evolution of classical piano performances.
Claire Mayo's freshman survey course three years ago sparked an undergraduate research project that may one day lead her to become a top expert on former French leader Charles de Gaulle.
Inspired in part by his grandmother’s fight against Parkinson’s disease, Elon University senior Andrew Fischer hopes his undergraduate research will be a small contribution to the elusive search for a cure to the degenerative neurological condition.
President Leo M. Lambert's annual report features the work of 10 faculty members and 12 students.
For Cara McClain, a psychology major and Spanish and environmental studies minor, nature is a vital part of her life. Find out why in this installment of "I Am Elon."
A Lumen Scholar who researched elements of the Jain religion, Evans wrote the columns with the goal of contributing to public scholarship.