Major(s), Concentration(s): Exercise Science
Year at Elon: Freshman
1. Other than class assignments, what kinds of things do you write or have you written?
I wrote two songs when I was in high school.
2. What piece of writing are you most proud of?
I’m most proud of the children’s books I wrote in elementary school.
3. Where is your favorite place to write?
I don't have one, but I like Nike's soccer slogan "write the future." It illustrates playing soccer as a way to “write” what you want to see your team achieve.
4. Do you have any interesting quirks and/or routines you follow when writing or when you are preparing to write? What are they?
I don't really have any, but I tend to write and read over my writing many times. I always have several drafts of what I write.
5. Who is your favorite writer? Why?
My two favorite writers are musicians – Ricardo Arjona and Los Enanitos Verdes. Their lyrics have many idioms.
6. What was the best writing experience of your life?
Writing about an accident I had when I was traveling to Mexico, because it had a great impact on many people.
7. What would you most like to improve about your writing?
I would like to figure out ways to have more idioms in my writing.
8. What advice do you have for other Elon writers?
Write about real life experiences.