Application to Withdrawal from Elon University

If for any reason an undergraduate student concludes that they must leave the university on a temporary or long-term basis, he/she must apply for a withdrawal and formalize plans.  The university does not administratively grant temporary leaves of absence for any reason.  Students who withdraw from the university prior to the published date for dropping courses with a "W" will receive grades of "W".  If a student withdraws past this date in the term, faculty members will be requested to report the student progress in class at the time of the withdrawal by indicating a "W" or "F" grade.  That designation will be entered as the grade on the official transcript.

Medical Withdrawals:  Student's wishing to apply for a medical withdrawal must contact student life at 336-278-7200. 
Please do not use this form if you are applying for a medical withdrawal.

Graduate Students: Graduate students should consult with the appropriate Graduate Program Director regarding withdrawal procedures for those programs.

All students who withdraw from the institution must reapply for admission to the university.
Readmission procedures may be found on the Admissions website.

Note: If you are having trouble logging in please be sure to use your full elon email address. Example: