International AdmissionsAdmissionsU.S.News Best Colleges 2011

International Applicants: Exchange Students

Elon's Office of International Admissions and the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center work with students from the following schools that are interested in studying abroad at Elon for a semester:

  • FH Wiener Neustadt—Wiener Neustadt, Austria
  • ESDES—Lyon, France
  • RWTH Aachen—Aachen, Germany
  • Örebro University—Örebro, Sweden
  • Kristianstad University—Kristianstad, Sweden
  • Kansai Gaidai University—Osaka, Japan
  • University of Ghana—Legon, Ghana
  • Nanyang Technological University—Singapore
  • Sungkyunkwan University—Seoul, South Korea
  • Cracow University of Economics—Cracow, Poland

Students interested in studying abroad from these institutions should work with their university’s study abroad/student exchange office to find out more information.

A student can obtain a Student Exchange application by downloading a copy of the application  here.


Students who want to study abroad at Elon must submit:

  • Completed Student Exchange Application
  • Translated transcripts from the secondary school you currently attend
  • 250-500 word personal statement
  • Exchange Program Coordinator's Evaluation Form (completed by your exchange program coordinator)
  • Official standardized test scores: either SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable—please consult your special exchange/study abroad office)

The following information is not required for the application review process; however, it is required if a student is accepted and plans to enroll at Elon University:

Please note that this information can be sent in with the application and is not used in the decision process.

All application materials should be sent to the following address:

Isabella Cannon International Centre
Elon University
2375 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27215

For additional questions and information, please contact the Isabella Cannon Centre for International Studies at

Visa Information

Non-U.S. citizens seeking admission to Elon must submit a Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR). A DS-2019, necessary to obtain your J-1 visa, will then be issued. Students must schedule an appointment with the consulate in their home country to be considered for a visa. For more information on the visa process, please visit the international students section of the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center website.