WHO IS A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETE?
A prospective student-athlete is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade.
An individual remains a prospective student-athlete until one of the following occurs (whichever is earlier):
• The individual officially registers and enrolls in a minimum full-time program of studies and attends classes in any term of a four-year collegiate institution's regular academic year (excluding summer); or
• The individual participates in a regular squad practice or competition at a four-year collegiate institution that occurs before the beginning of any term; or
• The individual officially registers and enrolls and attends classes during the summer prior to initial enrollment and receives financial aid.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETE LINKS
• Eligibility Center
• 2009-10 NCAA Guide for the College Bound Student-Athlete
• 2009-10 NCAA Manual
• National Letter of Intent
• NCAA Freshman Eligibility Standards - Quick Reference