The Environmental Services department performs the following functions:
• Custodial / Floor Care
• Sanitation / Recycling / Composting
• Pest Control
• Receiving / Warehousing
• Fire Extinguisher Maintenance
• Event Support
Custodial services help maintain a clean and safe environment of all campus academic, administrative, athletic and residential buildings, seven days per week, having a presence for all but 6.5 hours throughout the week. On-call emergency personnel are available for those as well as other hours.
• First Shift – 6:00am through 3:00pm / Monday through Saturday
• Second Shift – 3:00pm through 11:30pm / Monday through Friday
• Third Shift – 11:00pm through 7:30am – Split crews
• Weekend coverage also consists of two shifts both Saturday and Sunday
6:00am – 3:00pm and 3:00pm – 11:30pm
Sanitation trash and recycling removal is a service provided seven days per week.
• Mon – Fri; Shifts begin at 6:00am and 7:00am for first shift personnel
• Mon – Fri; Second shift coverage begins at 1:30pm
• Saturday and Sunday shifts run from 6:00am – 11:00am
• Additional Saturday coverage runs from 8:00am – 4:30pm
Pest control is a joint effort maintained through a contract vendor. Pest control applications are handled weekly. Work orders can be placed for pest control needs and can be a useful tool for our vendor.
The Receiving/Warehousing function maintains inventories of all cleaning supplies as well as all restroom paper and soap supplies. Another aspect of this support service is to inventory and deliver copy paper, brochures, campus publications and other miscellaneous materials to the campus community. Warehouse staff
ENVS provides event support for nearly every activity taking place on campus. The department monitors strict space usages and is there to prepare, monitor and restore these spaces for those groups and others coming in behind to use the same space. The department will typically have scheduled staff in attendance to monitor restrooms and trash collection for all major events and varsity athletic games/matches, and be there to restore these areas upon completion.
Recycling: Elon University and the Environmental Services department have established recycling programs for all types of recyclable product. Bin containers are located throughout campus for capturing primary recyclables in a single stream recycling format. In addition, cardboard recycling dumpster containers can be found behind all dining facilities on campus. Elon University also provides containers throughout various places on campus to collect and recycle household batteries, ink cartridges and small electronics. Compost collection is also found throughout all event spaces and dining facilities. For a list of what can be recycled, please go to www.elon.edu/physicalplant/recycling.htm. Through continued cooperative efforts, recycling can be a very rewarding program.
The Environmental Services department is proud to serve Elon University. If you have any comments or concerns please feel free to contact the following individuals at extension *5500
• David Worden, Director of Environmental Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Greg Marshall, First Shift Manager - Custodial - email@example.com
• Kevin Bigelow, Third Shift Manager - Custodial - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mark Poole, Support Services Supervisor - Warehouse - http://email@example.com