When the campus warning siren sounds, it will broadcast one of the following messages:
- Winter weather warning: "Winter weather warning, winter weather warning. Take emergency precautions immediately, take emergency precautions immediately."
- Tornado warning: "A tornado warning is in effect. Seek shelter now. Tune to your local TV station for further information. Seek shelter now."
- Evacuation warning: "Attention. This is an emergency evacuation order. Remain calm, follow the instructions of the emergency officials. This is an emergency evacuation order. Obey the emergency officials. Remain calm."
- Hazardous materials warning: "Hazardous material incident. A hazardous material incident has occurred. Follow instructions of authorities to evacuate the area of concern."
- Terrorist warning: "Terrorist alert. A terrorism alert has been issued, please follow procedure."
- General announcement: "Attention all residents. Stand by for an emergency announcement. Stop all traffic and stand by for an emergency announcement."
- All clear: "The emergency is over. All clear. The emergency is over. All clear. The emergency is over."