Elon Law’s groundbreaking new curriculum prepares students for today’s rapidly evolving legal profession by providing deep legal knowledge, hands-on lawyering skills and a rich set of practice experiences.
- Emphasis on total student development, exceptional legal knowledge and skills, engaged learning, leadership and civic involvement
- Small school, emphasizing close relationships among students and faculty
- Outstanding faculty members recruited nationwide for their exceptional legal and teaching abilities, values and commitment to student success
- Top students recruited for their demonstrated aptitude, achievement and interest in civic engagement and leadership
- Access to learning opportunities through experiences with the area’s leading law firms, federal and state courts, businesses, government agencies and nonprofit organizations
- In-depth leadership studies, innovative courses and opportunities for community involvement
- Announcing new Technology and Law Speaker Series at Elon Law
Comprised of Elon University faculty across a range of departments and schools, including business, communications, computer science, law and political science, speakers will discuss their research and the law and policy concerns they encounter.
- Attorney General Roy Cooper to Elon Law grads: cherish your moral compass
North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper delivered the Elon University School of Law commencement address on May 23 before 79 members of the Class of 2015.
- Elon Business Law Journal addresses fee-shifting bylaws & Alibaba’s class action lawsuit
In new Elon Business Law Journal articles Kessler Topaz partner Lee Rudy shares insights on corporate fee-shifting bylaws, and the Journal’s editor-in-chief Timothy Prosky discusses Alibaba’s pending class action lawsuit.
- Experience matters
In a newly published volume, the Elon Law Review features scholarship on experiential education emanating from a national symposium held at Elon Law in 2014.
- Elon Law students create online business law journal
Elon University School of Law is pleased to announce the inaugural issue of the Elon Business Law Journal. The new online journal will publish content about current and significant developments in business law.
- Elon Law and Vermont Law School announce JD/Master of Environmental Law & Policy dual-degree program
Elon University School of Law and Vermont Law School will offer a dual-degree program that enables students to earn two graduate degrees in two-and-a-half years, beginning in the fall of 2015.
- Elon Law forum examines race and the grand jury process
The forum continued a yearlong series of events and activities at Elon Law that have probed national concerns about police misconduct against minorities and the uneven application of law based on race.
- Conference examines war crimes, human rights and immigration
Elon's Conference on International Law featured law, history and political science scholars, human rights advocates and practicing attorneys.
- Elon Law hosts fifth Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition
North Carolina Supreme Court Chief Justice Mark D. Martin delivered remarks before competitors at the March 28 competition banquet and presided at the final round of the competition with former NC Supreme Court Chief Justice Rhoda Bryan Billings and NC Court of Appeals Judge John M. Tyson.
- Law and business students engage Singapore and Vietnam
Elon Law and MBA students met with top business and law leaders in Singapore and Vietnam through a collaborative international business course.