Elon Law’s groundbreaking new curriculum prepares students for today’s rapidly evolving legal profession by providing deep legal knowledge, hands-on lawyering skills and a rich set of practice experiences.
- Emphasis on total student development, exceptional legal knowledge and skills, engaged learning, leadership and civic involvement
- Small school, emphasizing close relationships among students and faculty
- Outstanding faculty members recruited nationwide for their exceptional legal and teaching abilities, values and commitment to student success
- Top students recruited for their demonstrated aptitude, achievement and interest in civic engagement and leadership
- Access to learning opportunities through experiences with the area’s leading law firms, federal and state courts, businesses, government agencies and nonprofit organizations
- In-depth leadership studies, innovative courses and opportunities for community involvement
- Elon Law faculty contribute to legal education national conference
Professor Sue Liemer and Drew Simshaw, a Legal Method & Communication Fellow, took part in the 112th Annual Meeting of the Association of American Law Schools, whose conference theme of "Access to Justice" focused on ways to ensure equal justice for all.
- Elon Law educator named Jennings Professor and Emerging Scholar
David S. Levine joined the Elon University School of Law faculty in 2009 and quickly forged an international reputation for his legal research into the areas of lawmaking, trade secrecy, and the ways in which corporations and governments use the law to control access to intellectual property.
- A 'passport' to legal writing best practices
Elon Law, in coordination with the Legal Writing Institute, hosted a One-Day Workshop in December for regional law professors and practitioners who visited downtown Greensboro for a program that was part of a nationwide series.
- Princeton Review names Elon Law among 'best law schools'
In its 2018 edition of "The Best 169 Law Schools,” the influential college guide also listed Elon Law among the top 10 schools in terms of the number of hours that students report studying outside of class and the level of ambition among students at the school.
- Elon Law scholar elected to The American Law Institute
Enrique Armijo, associate dean for academic affairs and an associate professor of law, is the fourth member of the Elon University School of Law faculty elevated to the ranks of the nation’s premier organization for the advancement of legal scholarship.
- 'A visionary who is hard-working, creative and strategic'
Students, faculty and staff shared their reactions to learning Monday that Dr. Connie Ledoux Book will serve as Elon University’s ninth president.
- The National Jurist/preLaw Magazine: Elon Law among '20 Most Innovative Law Schools'
Praised for its Residency-in-Practice Program, Elon Law was featured in a back-to-school issue cover story about law schools "on the cutting edge when it comes to preparing students for the future."
- A duty to their clients, profession & public
In Elon Law's 2017 Convocation and Call to Honor, a retired judge from the North Carolina Court of Appeals shared how new students will soon need to balance the competing demands lawyers often face.
- Elon Law faculty contribute to international legal writing conference
Associate Professor Catherine Wasson and Professor Sue Liemer served as facilitators and panelists at a biennial gathering of scholars from around the world who focus their teaching on legal research and writing.
- Elon mourns passing of Elon Law Founding Dean Leary Davis
F. Leary Davis, Jr. led efforts from 2004-2008 to launch Elon University School of Law in downtown Greensboro and earn it provisional accreditation from the American Bar Association at the earliest possible date.