The Elon Edge: Personal, Experiential, Connected
ELON LAW PLACES STUDENTS AT THE CENTER of a deeply experiential, highly personal, academically challenging and value-focused legal education.
The school's new curriculum builds on signature programs that have earned national recognition and Elon's widely recognized position as the nation's preeminent university for engaged learning.
As an Elon Law graduate, you will have a distinct career advantage because the school provides in-depth experiences, extensive professional relationships, a rigorous academic program and an outstanding value.
100% OF STUDENTS BENEFIT FROM:
- Full-time residencies-in-practice
- Attorney mentors from day one
- Team-based, real-world legal projects
- Labs with simulations led by accomplished attorneys
- Bridge-to-Practice courses
- Extensive opportunities for experiential learning in legal clinics, clerkships, internships, trial advocacy courses, and Moot Court and Mock Trial programs
- Development of core legal knowledge and skills in challenging and engaging courses
- A 90-credit curriculum that exceeds ABA standards
- Writing and oral advocacy emphasis in all trimesters
- Introductory course in legal analysis & communication
- Nationally recognized training in leadership, focused on professionalism, business skills, technology, project management and civic engagement
- A strategic sequence of courses and experiences to accelerate learning and career development
Personal & professional connections
- A 12:1 student-faculty ratio in a supportive community
- Fewer than 25 students in the majority of classes
- A four-member professional advising team for each student, advancing custom career pathways
- Strategic and recurring networking events
- Programs to create extensive professional portfolios
- One of the few U.S. law schools that is home to a working court - the North Carolina Business Court
- Newly reduced tuition that is 20 percent lower than the national average for private law schools
- A locked tuition guaranteed not to increase for the entering class
- Extensive scholarship and fellowship opportunities for qualified applicants
- Seven-trimester (2.5 year) curriculum that reduces costs of living, allows students to graduate in December, take the February bar exam and begin careers earlier than traditional three-year models
- Elon Law announces groundbreaking new model for legal education
Elon University School of Law will launch a fully redesigned curriculum in fall 2015, better positioning students to excel in the rapidly evolving legal profession.
- Elon Law welcomes the Class of 2017
Comprised of 112 students, representing 21 states, and 74 colleges and universities, the ninth entering class at Elon Law began immediately to learn and make an impact through community service and intellectual exchanges during orientation week, held August 18-22.
- Robert J. Grey, Jr. calls on Elon Law students to be guardians of the Constitution, trustees of the justice system
Delivering the Call to Honor at Elon Law’s new student convocation, nationally prominent lawyer Robert J. Grey, Jr. underscored for members of the Class of 2017 the importance of law to democracy and justice to the United States.
- Learning through the prism of a working court
An April 23 News & Record article examines the special role that the North Carolina Business Court plays in the education of Elon Law students. Elon is one of the few law schools in the country to house a working court.
- Luke Bierman named dean of Elon University School of Law
Elon University has named Luke Bierman, a highly accomplished attorney, legal scholar and teacher, and national leader in experiential legal education, to be the next dean of Elon University School of Law.
- Elon Law Martin Luther King, Jr. forum – Jan. 22
All prospective students and their guests are invited to join members and friends of the Elon Law community for a special forum honoring the legal legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. The forum will take place at the law school on Thursday, Jan. 22, at 5:30 p.m., with a reception to follow.
- Reception with the Legal Community - Jan. 22
Elon Law invites members of the legal community to socialize with Elon Law students, faculty, alumni and prospective students on Thursday, January 22 at 6:30 p.m.
- Law Alumni Charlotte Regional Event - Feb. 26
Join Us! We will host our Elon Law Alumni Charlotte Regional Event at Dressler's Restaurant on February 26.