- Elon Law honors vice chair of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights with leadership award
The Hon. Patricia Timmons-Goodson, a former associate justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court nominated by President Barack Obama to serve as a federal district court judge, received Elon Law’s 2016 Leadership in the Law Award.
- Common Reading author Stevenson encourages change through proximity, empowerment
Attorney and author Bryan Stevenson's book "Just Mercy" is the common reading assignment for all first-year Elon students this academic year.
- Top N.C. jurists offer counsel and wisdom to Class of 2018
Three former chief justices of the North Carolina Supreme Court - today members of the Elon University School of Law Board of Advisors - shared personal and career stories to new students enrolled in an August legal leadership class.
- Elon Law faculty share research at Stanford conference
Associate Professor David S. Levine and Tim McFarlin, a Legal Method and Communication Fellow at Elon Law, presented their scholarship at the 16th Annual Intellectual Property Scholars Conference.
- Elon Law summer class visits embassies in D.C.
The class participated in a private question-and-answer session with diplomats from each consulate, and students enjoyed robust and instructive conversations on topics of international law and policy.
- New scholarship honors former Elon Law administrator
The Eugenia H. Leggett-Frank Endowed Scholarship has been established in memory of a retired senior administrator whose dedication and commitment to Elon Law contributed to the innovative, vibrant school it is today.
- Elon Law's Class of 2018 'reaches out' into community
New students spent part of a day assisting local nonprofits and agencies with activities that helped improve the lives of people and animals in need across North Carolina's Piedmont Triad.
- Convocation proffers words of wisdom and call to honor
An annual program for new Elon Law students emphasized the values of Elon University as the Class of 2018 begins its studies at the preeminent law school for engaged and experiential legal education.
- 'You're going to be great lawyers'
The Class of 2018 is one of the most diverse in the history of Elon Law with students drawn to North Carolina for a legal program focused on experiential education like no other law school in the nation.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association honors Elon Law clinic
The university’s Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic received a "Pro Bono Champion" award for student efforts last year to assist asylum seekers at a civil detention center in Texas.
- Elon Law students excel in summer employment
From the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law in Rome to the North Carolina Supreme Court, Elon Law students are gaining hands-on experience in a variety of opportunities that develop their knowledge of the legal profession.
- Elon Law grad featured on WRAL for immigration work
Before she graduated in May, Angelique Ryan L'16 traveled to Ethiopia to advocate for a family separated by war, and a top North Carolina television station covered that family's reunification this week at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
- Elon Law & WECT-TV host 'Ask A Lawyer' Call-In
Elon University School of Law alumni and staff fielded phone calls from residents of Wilmington, North Carolina, and nearby communities in a June 21 televised program that offered answers to viewers unsure of where to turn for help with their legal questions.
- Michael Rich discusses police body cameras with Pacific Standard
Elon Law's Maurice Jennings Emerging Scholar offered a legal analysis of an ongoing public policy debate for an award-winning magazine dedicated to "forward-looking changes to private behavior and public policy."
- Enrique Armijo featured in Law360 story on ESPN lawsuit
The associate professor and associate dean of Elon University School of Law shared analysis of a lawsuit filed against the sports broadcasting giant for publishing photos of an NFL player's injured hands.
- Elon Law reunites family separated by war
Marcelline Nyiramagaju received asylum in the United States after fleeing violence in her native Democratic Republic of Congo. On June 2, 2016, with assistance from Elon Law's Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic, Nyiramagaju embraced two daughters for the first time in years.
- Gergen Award recipient eyes career in criminal law
Marissa Kuzbyt L'16 accepted Elon University School of Law's highest honor at May's Commencement when she received the 2016 David Gergen Award for Leadership & Professionalism.
- Journal of Leadership and the Law publishes issue on experiential education
Edited by Morgan Leigh Furman L'16, the fifth issue of an online journal published by Elon Law underscores the significance and impact of experiential learning in the context of law school and the legal profession.
- Luke Bierman featured on Oklahoma Legal Group blog
The dean of Elon Law answered questions from Oklahoma attorney Adam Banner about the biggest challenges facing law students, the evolution of American legal education, and the way technology will impact criminal defense, among other topics.
- 'Ensure that people's rights don't suffer'
In his Commencement address to Elon University School of Law’s Class of 2016, Judge Albert Diaz of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit encouraged graduates to use their legal education to help "reason, law, and precedent triumph over might, caprice, and whim."
- A brutal crime leads survivor to Elon Law
Catastrophic injuries from a 2008 attack offered Deborah Moy, who graduates this month from Elon University School of Law, a unique perspective on disability rights, firsthand knowledge of how the American criminal justice system is far from perfect - and a renewed purpose in life.
- Elon Law dean published in Wall Street Journal
Luke Bierman's analysis of the Supreme Court on May 14, 2016, shows that today's political stalemate over the Merrick Garland nomination is outside the norm in American history.
- Elon Law student receives national scholarship award
Joshua R. Bonney '13 L'16 attended the 2016 Fundamentals of Municipal Bond Law Seminar in Chicago this month as one of five recipients of a national scholarship that recognizes the potential and professional dedication of future municipal bond attorneys.
- Elon Law student selected for inaugural ABA committee
Abigail Seymour L'17 is one of a select group of law students from across the nation invited to join the American Bar Association's new Civil Rights and Social Justice Law Student Committee.
- Internet policy pioneer Larry Lessig visits Elon Law
The former Democratic candidate for president traveled to North Carolina on April 26 for a special campus interview with Associate Professor David Levine, host of the "Hearsay Culture" radio program celebrating its 10th anniversaryon KZSU-FM at Stanford University.
- ESPN's Jay Bilas shares life lessons with Elon Law students
The noted authority on college sports visited with Elon Law Leadership Fellows and the Sports & Entertainment Law Society during his visit to campus for the Distinguished Leadership Lecture Series.
- Jay Bilas at Elon Law: Empathy is key to leadership
The nationally acclaimed ESPN college basketball commentator and graduate of Duke Law visited Elon University School of Law for the final installment of the 2015-16 Distinguished Leadership Lecture Series presented by The Joseph M. Bryan Foundation.
- Elon Law honors students for pro bono work
Students who completed more than 75 hours of pro bono service were recognized on April 13, 2016, during the Pro Bono Board’s Spring Reception.
- Elon Law alumni honored for service to legal profession & alma mater
Four accomplished Elon University School of Law graduates – David L. Morrow II '07 L’10, Jennifer L. Reutter L’10, Alvaro De La Calle L’12 and Elizabeth “Beth” Klein L’12 – were recognized this month for their contributions to the legal profession and support of their alma mater.
- Elon Law named among 'best schools for practical training'
The spring 2016 edition of preLaw magazine cites Elon University School of Law in its annual list of schools that "go above and beyond in preparing law students for the real world."
- U.S. News features Elon Law as 'pioneer' in legal education
The Elon University School of Law's new approach to legal education earned praise in U.S. News & World Report’s "Best Graduate Schools 2017" guidebook.
- Luke Bierman authors column on legal education for The National Jurist magazine
"There’s a better way to do this, and it starts with a redesigned curriculum grounded in the realities of being a modern lawyer."
- Elon Law admissions dean Alan Woodlief presents at Minority Pre-Law Conference
Senior Associate Dean Alan Woodlief participated in the second annual Minority Pre-Law Conference in Durham, North Carolina on March 19.
- N.C. A&T partners with Elon Law
North Carolina A&T State University and Elon University School of Law announce the new Accelerated Pathway to Law School (APLS) Program partnership.
- Elon Law announces new Advocacy Fellows Program
Elon Law's new Advocacy Fellows Program provides scholarships and full-time, stipend-supported law practice experiences for highly qualified applicants who seek to become exceptional trial and appellate advocates.
- Guilford College, Elon Law create accelerated pathway to law degree
Students at Guilford College now have the option of an accelerated pathway to Elon University School of Law under a new agreement between the two Greensboro institutions.
- Elon Law partnership with Say Yes Guilford featured in News & Record, High Point Enterprise
An Elon Law, Say Yes Guilford partnership in which law students will help to address legal needs of Guilford County school students and their families was featured Oct. 27 by the News & Record and Nov. 2 by the High Point Enterprise.
- Elon Law named to The Princeton Review’s best law schools
Elon Law is named one of the nation’s best law schools by The Princeton Review, which released its guide to law schools on Oct. 6.
- Elon Law: Experience from day one
The entering class at Elon Law engaged in hands-on learning throughout orientation week, August 4 to 7, contributing to the launch of the school’s groundbreaking new approach to legal education.
- Secretary Anthony Foxx challenges Elon Law students to use law for good
Delivering the Call to Honor at Elon Law’s new student convocation on August 5, U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx told students that they can use the law to benefit society and improve the lives of their fellow citizens.
- Elon Law's 2015 entering class demonstrates strong interest in new curriculum
Elon Law's 2015 enrolling class of 132 Elon Law students is 18 percent larger than last year's class and selected from an applicant pool 16 percent higher than 2014, indicating a strong endorsement of the school's groundbreaking new curriculum.
- Elon Law featured in a special report by the Triad Business Journal
The newspaper's June 5 cover story takes an in-depth look at Elon Law’s innovations, including full-time residencies-in-practice for all students and a redesigned curriculum that lowers tuition and accelerates careers.
- Elon Law and Vermont Law School announce JD/Master of Environmental Law & Policy dual-degree program
Elon University School of Law and Vermont Law School will offer a dual-degree program that enables students to earn two graduate degrees in two-and-a-half years, beginning in the fall of 2015.
- Luke Bierman proposes steps to reinvent legal education in American Bar Association publication
The dean of Elon University School of Law offers four steps to reinvent legal education in an April 15 article for the ABA Journal’s “The New Normal” series.
- Elon Law's groundbreaking curriculum featured in U.S. News & World Report
The 2016 edition of U.S. News & World Report's Best Grad Schools publication includes a cover story that features Elon Law’s new curriculum as one of the most far-reaching innovations in American legal education.
- Become an Elon Law Fellow
Business and Leadership Fellows at Elon Law benefit from scholarships, stipend-support externships and regular interaction with leaders in law. Learn more and apply now.
- Elon recognized among best law schools for practical training
Elon Law is on The National Jurist's 2015 honor roll of best law schools for practical training.
- Elon Law’s bold move gains national attention
National and regional news reports about Elon Law’s groundbreaking new curriculum have emphasized the value, experiential focus and pioneering nature of the school’s new approach.
- Elon Law announces groundbreaking new model for legal education
Elon University School of Law will launch a fully redesigned curriculum in fall 2015, better positioning students to excel in the rapidly evolving legal profession.
- Elon Law welcomes the Class of 2017
Comprised of 112 students, representing 21 states, and 74 colleges and universities, the ninth entering class at Elon Law began immediately to learn and make an impact through community service and intellectual exchanges during orientation week, held August 18-22.