Giving News Archive
- Elon Law awarded grant to study impact of new curriculum
The Access Group Center for Research & Policy Analysis awarded Elon Law a grant of more than a quarter million dollars to assess enhancements to a program that graduates students in less time, and with greater cost savings, than traditional three-year law schools.
- New scholarship honors former Elon Law administrator
The Eugenia H. Leggett-Frank Endowed Scholarship has been established in memory of a retired senior administrator whose dedication and commitment to Elon Law contributed to the innovative, vibrant school it is today.
- #ElonDay at Elon Law is here!
Today, March 10, law students and alumni are engaged in a daylong celebration of Elon's birthday and the opportunity for giving to support Elon Law.
- LaDaniel Gatling II named assistant dean for development at Elon Law
Gatling joins Elon Law with significant experience in the financial services industry and 13 years of executive development experience in higher education.
- Elon parents establish law school dean’s discretionary fund
Elon parents Eugenia Leggett P'15 and Barry Frank P'15 of Greensboro, N.C., have established the George R. Johnson Dean’s Discretionary Fund to honor Johnson, who recently stepped down as dean of Elon University School of Law after five years of service in the role to return to the faculty.
- Elon Law alumni step forward and give back
Through the successful DRIVE to 25, Elon Law alumni achieved a 25 percent giving rate in support of law school student scholarships.
- 2013 Class Gift enhances student lounge and study area
The Class of 2013 selected for its Class Gift the establishment of a significantly-enhanced student lounge area, increasing collaborative space for current and future students.
- A Day of 100 Thanks at Elon Law
- Elon Law students began the month of November by saying, “thank you” to 158 donors at the second annual Elon Law Day of 100 Thanks. Students participated in the November 1 initiative by writing notes to express their appreciation to donors who make scholarships at Elon Law possible.
- Elon honors The Joseph M. Bryan Foundation
- Elon President Leo M. Lambert led an event recognizing the Foundation's support for Elon Law totaling more than $8 million.
- Elon Law celebrates major milestones
- Marking the school's first five years and the achievement of full approval from the American Bar Association, a broad spectrum of the Elon Law community came together for an evening of celebration on Oct. 6. Links to a special report and slideshow about the school's first five years are included with this article.
- One hundred percent of Elon Law faculty and staff contribute to law school scholarship fund
- For a second consecutive year, every member of the faculty at Elon University School of Law contributed to the Law School Faculty and Staff Campaign in 2010. Giving from the staff at Elon Law rose from 80 percent in 2009 to 100 percent in 2010. Support from the law faculty and staff raises substantial funds for law student scholarships.