Creating a Writing Sample - 2L, 3L, and Alumni
Second-year students, third-year students, and alumni typically select a writing sample from among memorandums and briefs assigned either through coursework or through work as a summer associate.
If selecting a writing sample from among summer associate work, don't forget to:
- Get permission from your employer to use the work as a writing sample.
- Protect client confidentiality by changing and/or redacting portions of the document including names, dates, places, etc.
- Be sure to indicate that you have done both of the above on your writing sample cover sheet.
- Click here for information about preparing a resume.
- Click here for information about preparing a cover letter.