About the Conference
The Conference on Law and Leadership brought together leaders in law, legal education and business to consider the role of lawyers as leaders in rapidly changing times. Co-hosted by Elon University School of Law and the Center for Creative Leadership, the conference took place April 13-14, 2012 in Greensboro, N.C.
The Honorable Sandra Day O’Connor, United States Supreme Court Justice (ret.), and David Gergen, Chair of the Elon University Law School Advisory Board and Professor and Director of the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School, delivered keynote addresses at the conference.
These keynote speakers were joined by:
- Louis Bilionis, Dean and Nippert Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Raymond Burse, Vice President and General Counsel, GE Consumer & Industrial
- Robert Cullen, Vice President and General Counsel, JSI Logistics, and Adjunct Professor, Santa Clara Law
- Candace S. Cummings, Vice President - Administration, General Counsel and Secretary, VF Corporation
- Martin Eakes, Chief Executive Officer, Self-Help/Center for Responsible Lending
- Mona Edwards, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Center for Creative Leadership
- Dennis Glass, President and CEO, Lincoln Financial Group
- Marina Hsieh, Senior Fellow, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Thomas Ross, President, University of North Carolina
- Roland Smith, Senior Faculty, Center for Creative Leadership, Skeens Watson Visiting Professor of Leadership, Elon Law
- Keith W. Vaughan, Chairman, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP
- Judith Wegner, Burton Craig Professor of Law, University of North Carolina
- Edward C. Winslow III, Managing Partner, Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP
Other distinguished leaders participated in the conference.
We thank you for your interest in the Conference on Law and Leadership.
|George R. Johnson, Jr.|
Professor of Law
Elon University School of Law
|John R. Ryan|
Center for Creative Leadership