Archives and Special Collections Reading Room
The Belk Library Archives and Special Collections Department strongly encourages appointments for internal and outside researchers.
The Belk Library Archives and Special Collections Department is located on the second floor of the Carol Grotnes Belk Library (Room 204). View floor plans of the library.
Visitor parking is available in the Moseley parking lot adjacent to Belk Library. Campus maps and/or directions are included here.
1. Books, manuscripts, and other materials from the Collections must only be used in the Reading Room.
2. Pencils only may be used in the Reading Room; pens are not recommended. Laptop computers are permitted.
3. No smoking, eating, or drinking is allowed in the Reading Room area.
4. Researchers will be allowed access to one archival box at a time (exceptions may be granted). All materials from the Collections must be handled with special care. White gloves will sometimes be required with fragile or otherwise delicate materials.
5. Please maintain the existing order of records and return all materials to the Archivist when finished. A researcher wishing to use the same materials again within one week may ask to have them held.
6. PHOTOCOPYING: Permission from the Archivist is required for making copies. Requests for photocopying or scanning materials will be considered when such duplication can be done without injury to the materials. All scanning and photocopying will be done by the Archivist; no hand-held scanners may be used.
7. The researchers assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of libel, copyright, and literary property rights when quoting or publishing archival material.
* See the Archivist for publication guidelines and application.
PLEASE ask for assistance at any time during your visit.