NC Campus Compact
NC Campus Compact VISTAs fight poverty
Check out our VISTA BLOG to find out more about the great work our VISTAs are doing throughout
VISTAs undertake a variety of roles and projects based on community need and campus support. Typical VISTA activities include:
• Building relationships with community based organizations
• Assessing community and agency needs and identifying assets
• Recruiting and training student, faculty, staff, and community volunteers
• Developing data systems to manage people and performance
• Creating policies and procedures that increase agency effectiveness
• Supporting citizen and student leadership and participation in service
• Seeking new resources through fund-raising and grant-writing
• Facilitating service-learning placements, community-based research, and co-curricular opportunities that support low-income communities
• Promoting AmeriCorps, VISTA, and service
The AmeriCorps*VISTA program is supported by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
For more information about NC Campus Compact's AmeriCorps*VISTA Program, contact Chad Fogleman, Program Coordinator.