Nominations are now open for the 2013 Robert L. Sigmon Service-Learning Award. This award is presented annually to an individual (faculty member) who has made significant contributions toward furthering the practice of academic service-learning.
To be eligible for the award, the recipient must be employed at a North Carolina Campus Compact member institution. The award recipient will be presented at the PACE Conference, February 13, 2013.
Candidates should possess the following:
• Significant academic service-learning experience: that includes examples of strong reciprocal campus-community partnerships and course content and service at enhance one another.
• Evidence of making community and student impact
• Evidence of institutional impact: that includes demonstrated leadership such as promoting academic service-learning on one’s campus and within higher education.
Nomination Submission Requirements
1. Submit the Online Nomination Form.
2. Send a letter of nomination from a colleague (not to exceed three pages).
3. Send letter of support from a community partner and/or student endorsing the candidate’s efforts in Service-Learning (not to exceed two pages). Only one additional letter of support is required.
4. Send a resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee (not to exceed three pages).
5. [OPTIONAL] Provide accompanying materials that demonstrate evidence of the selection criteria provided above: Up to 10 pages of supplementary materials may be submitted along with the nomination, including letters, testimonials, news clippings, annual reports, summary of program impact (qualitative or quantitative data) pamphlets, journal articles, etc. Anything over 10 pages will not be submitted to the reviewers. Do not submit audio or videotapes, display materials, films, scrapbooks, as they will not be considered. Accompanying materials must be no larger than 8.5” by 11”. All submitted materials become the property of NC Campus Compact and will not be returned.
Contact Leslie Garvin at email@example.com or (336) 278-7278.
Nominations must be received no later than 5pm on January 18, 2013.
Send a hard copy of nominations and supporting materials via::
North Carolina Campus Compact
ATTN: Leslie Garvin
2257 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
Email (please scan letters so original signatures are visible)"