THE OFFICE OF STUDENT CONDUCT
HONESTY | INTEGRITY | RESPONSIBILITY | RESPECT
For the full content of the Honor System (including the Honor Code and Code of Conduct)
please click here.
The Elon University Student Conduct system is founded upon the values of our Honor Code: Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and Respect. Elon University defines these values as follows:
- Honesty: Be truthful in your academic work and in your relationships.
- Integrity: Be trustworthy, fair and ethical.
- Responsibility: Be accountable for your actions and your learning.
- Respect: Be civil. Value the dignity of each person. Honor the physical and intellectual property of others.
Students are expected to exemplify our values through their academic work and their personal choices. To be part of the Elon community is to be part of an elite honor society.
Elon University views its role in the administration of institutional policy as one of both ensuring fairness and providing an educational opportunity for the student. This approach protects the campus community by providing a system of sanctions that are educational and hold students accountable for violating university policies.
Sanctions are assigned to encourage the growth and development of students and support the practice of responsible behavior in a community. The educational approach infers a need for understanding and self discipline on the part of the student as well as a respect for the rights and privileges of others.
- To support the university’s educational mission by promoting a university community that is safe and healthy for Elon students.
- To provide a fair and consistent adjudication process for students charged with violations of university policy.
- To collaborate with university and community partners to develop opportunities for the identification, communication and celebration of community values.
- To encourage personal learning and growth through developmental and educational opportunities for Elon students.