Students with special circumstances or medical needs may request special housing accommodations. Students must submit a request for accommodation form as well as medical documentation to student disability services.
The requests must be submitted to student disability services prior to the deadline:
· Returning Students: February 15, 2013
· Incoming Students: May 20, 2013
Housing requests will be accommodated based on the level of need and space availability. Requests turned in after this date will be subject to space availability. If you would like more information on student disability services, please click here. To access the request accommodation form clickhere.
All requests will be reviewed by the appropriate university officials (student health center staff, counseling center staff, student disability services, etc.) and a recommendation will be given to the associate director of residence life for operations and information management.
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Diagnosis of a medical condition does not, in and of itself, automatically qualify you for a special housing assignment.
2. Requests will be accommodated based on the level of need and space availability.
3. Recommendations or statements made by your physician should not be interpreted as automatic approval for specific housing. The university has many different types of housing that may match your needs.
4. Disability needs will take priority over requests for specific residence halls.
5. Residence life is unable to make special housing assignments based on a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD.
6. Requests turned in after the posted deadline will be subject to space availability.
7. Medical accommodations are provided for the individual student, not the student and his/her group. You must decide what the most important factor in your housing needs for next year is.