Student Staff and Peer Mentors
Students play an important role in the success of the residential campus initiative. In addition to involvement in Neighborhood Associations and coordinating hall or neighborhood events, there are a number of designated leadership roles for students.
Paid student staff roles with the Office of Residence Life include:
- Residence Area Coordinator, or "RAC" -- a student staff leader who assists the professional staff with the leadership and management of the residential area they are assigned. The RAC position helps facilitate the success of the Neighborhood Association, develop and guide neighborhood program development, and serves as a general resource and mentor for the neighborhood residents and student staff. The RACs report directly to the Assistant Director of Residence Life of their neighborhood.
- Resident Assistant, or "RA" -- serves as a campus and community resource for students. RAs are undergraduate students living in the residence halls who serve as peer mentors, develop floor and community, address issues like roommate/suitemate conflicts, disruptive behavior, adjustment difficulties, and help with administrative tasks. The RAs report directly to the Assistant Director of Residence Life of their neighborhood.
- Housing Assistant, or "HA" -- serves as a resource for students who live in Elon-owned and leased apartments. HAs are undergraduate students who live in the apartments and serve as a liaison between Residence Life and the students. They help with administrative tasks, serve as peer mentors, develop floor/community and address issues like apartment conflicts, and disruptive behavior. They offer residents educational and social programming to foster community within the apartments. The HAs report directly to the Assistant Director of Residence Life of their neighborhood.
- Community Assistants, or "CA"--students who serve as a resource for students who live in the Elon apartments, Station at Millpoint specifically. They serve as liaisons between residence life and the students. They help with administrative tasks, serve as peer mentors, develop the floor/community, and address issues in their community. They offer residents educational and social programming to foster community within their floor/buildings. The CA’s report directly to the Assistant Director of Residence Life of their area.
- House Managers--is responsible for all aspects of the chapter house including safety, cleanliness, and day-to-day operations. S/he is also responsible for the check-in and check-out of each resident, closing the house at any and all scheduled university breaks, and the maintenance of the facility itself. The House Manager is also responsible for community development within the chapter facility and the Loy Center at large through the use of educational programs. Additionally, the House Manager is the official chapter contact person to the Office of Greek Life for housing related issues.
In addition to the Resident Assistants, there are several peer mentors who work within neighborhoods, depending upon the location and programs of the neighborhood. Some of these roles include: