Residence Life

Incoming Transfer Students

Residence Life is offering incoming transfer students housing options on campus this fall in a traditional one or two person room and a very limited number of apartment spaces.

Application Process 

Transfer students will use the same online application as incoming first-year students.  For more information on deadlines and instructions on completing the application, click here.

Transfer students will be asked to rank their preferences and will be placed in housing based on the date of their enrollment deposit. We project that 40 spaces will be available on campus for transfers.There are also many other apartment complexes within blocks of campus that students are welcome to pursue on their own.

Click here for more information about all residence halls and on-campus apartments

Click here for more information about off-campus apartment options

Click here for our current rates

Residency Requirement
Elon has a two-year residency requirement. Transfer students who are enrolling with 12 hours or who have been out of high school less than one year are required to live on campus or in university-sponsored housing unless they qualify as commuter students and can reside with their parents.


Feel free to contact residence life at 336-278-7300 or in Global C 103 with any questions. 


Click here for information on off-campus apartment complexes