Survivors of Sexual Violence

What are my options?

If you are in physical danger please contact 9-1-1 immediately!

Receive Confidential Support

Meet with a confidential campus advocate who is available 24/7. This person is an advocate for YOU – they will give you options and resources and then will support whatever choices you make! You will not be pressured to take any action or make any report. If you choose to take any action, the advocate can be with you every step of the way. Please contact SAFEline or call 336.278.5009 talk over the phone or meet with this person.

  • Call SAFEline, Elon’s 24/7 confidential phoneline at 336.278.3333
  • Meet with a counselor at Counseling Services – call 336.278.7280
  • Meet with an ordained member of your faith tradition
  • Family Abuse Services at 336.226.5985 and 1950 Martin Street, Burlington, NC 27217
  • CrossRoads Sexual Assault Response and Resource Center at 336.228.0360 or 1206 Vaughn Road, Burlington, NC 27217

Receive Medical Attention

For injury care, physical and gyneocological exams, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, Plan B or other emergency contraception options and information about Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence exams.

  • At Elon University: R. N. Ellington Center for Health and Wellness at 301 South O’Kelly Avenue, Elon NC 27244 or call 336.278.7230
  • At Moses Cone Memorial Hospital at 1200 North Elm Street, Greensboro North Carolina 27401

Make a Report

  • Confidential Report: Contact the Coordinator for Violence Response at 336.278.5009
  • Title IX Report: Contact the Title IX Officer at 336.278.7200
  • Student Conduct Report: Contact Student Conduct at 33.278.7271
  • Criminal Report: Contact 9-1-1 or Campus Safety and Police at 336.278.5555
  • Anonymous Reporting Online

Other Actions

Please contact the Coordinator for Violence Response at (336) 278 – 5009 for more information about these options.

  • North Carolina Civil Protective/Restraining Order
  • Elon University Cease Contact Order
  • Changing rooms or residence halls
  • Change to a class schedule, dropping classes, medical withdrawals, communicating with professors or other academic needs
  • Creating a safety plan
  • Helping friends and family of victims/survivors

Other Facts to Know

  • You can file an initial report with the police without having to press charges
  • Victim/survivors can ask the criminal investigation be stopped at any time (only in extreme cases will investigation not come to a halt)
  • The victim or survivor does not have to participate in a Title IX investigation if their experience is reported
  • The confidential advocate cannot share the survivor’s identifying information without a signed Informed Consent Form unless it is a crisis situation
  • The survivor can receive a Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence Exam without interviewing with the police. The survivor will have to tell the police if they do not want an investigation.