2018: The Year in Photos
Photographers of the Office of University Communications captured thousands of images from a historic year at Elon University. Read this story for a link to their annual photo gallery.
Take a look back at 2018 with this photo gallery from some of the highlight events and milestones that made this a historic year of transition and growth at Elon. (Photo/video editing by Kim Walker and Aaron Glancy with images by photographers of Elon University Communications and Elon Athletics.)
During 2018, the Elon community:
- Paid tribute to President Leo M. Lambert as he concluded his 19 years of service
- Warmly welcomed President Connie Ledoux Book as she took office on March 1 and was formally inaugurationed on October 18
- Graduated the largest undergraduate class in Elon history in May and enrolled the largest-ever first-year class in August
- Launched a new four-year engineering program
- Celebrated Elon students and alumni who received a record number of Fulbright awards
- Opened and dedicated Schar Center, Sankey Hall, Koenigsberger Learning Center, East Neighborhood and a new gym on South Campus
- Concluded the largest fundraising year in Elon’s history, receiving $26.1 million in donations
- Supported Phoenix student-athletes as they led the CAA in graduation success rate, won the second straight women’s basketball championship and made a second straight FCS football playoff appearance
- Survived two hurricanes, an August flooding rainfall and snowstorms at the beginning and end of the year
- Most importantly, taught, mentored and cared for students, preparing them for lifetimes of success and service to humanity.