EMS/Medical Emergencies

Serious medical emergencies CALL 911

Remember...Stay calm.  Help others remain calm.  When you are reporting an emergency situation give concise, accurate answers to the 911 operator. Do not hang up until told to do so.

A. In case of minor injuries, you can contact Campus Police at ext. 5555. An officer will respond to assess the situation and render assistance. Elon University does not provide transport to doctors office visits, pharmacies, or out-patient care services.

Students who need transport to/from Alamance Regional Medical Center (ARMC) or other medical or psychological providers should contact Golden Eagle Cab Company at (336) 227-0550. They should indicate they are an Elon student and need transport for a medical appointment or the hospital. Students will complete a “charge slip” but do not have to pay at the time of service. The “charge slip” will be forwarded on to the R.N. Ellington Health Center who will pay the cab company directly and then will charge the student via their student account.

B. Things to remember:

  1. Keep the victim still and comfortable.
  2. Do not move any injured person unless there is an immediate threat to his or her life - then move the victim only as far as necessary.
  3. Ask the victim “Are you OK?” or “What is wrong?”
  4. Check breathing and give cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) if necessary.
  5. Control serious bleeding by sustained direct pressure on the wound.
  6. Continue to assist the victim until help arrives.
  7. Look for a Medic-Alert or other medical ID tag.
  8. Question witnesses.
  9. Give all information to the 9-1-1 operator.

C. Medical assistance should only be administered by a certified provider.

EMS/Serious Medical Emergencies Dial 911